DBS Update: Home Based Positions – Definition Amended
This week the DBS released an announcement that there will be changes in their application forms as of the 27th April 2015.
Who is Affected by the Changes?
– LIVE IN Nannies & Au Pairs.
– Those living in the same home as ‘foster carer’ applicants.
– Church members who undertake their duties involving children & vulnerable adults in their own home.
What is the Change?
The soon to be updated operational description defines Home Based Positions as: “A role where;
- the applicant carries out some or all of his or her work with children or adults from the place where the applicant lives or
- the applicant lives in the household of someone who is or has been checked because they carry out some or all of their work with children from the place where they live.”
This relates to applicants who offer care to children from their OWN home, & only when the child is present in the applicant’s home – therefore not including work that is carried out in the home of the child receiving the care (LIVE OUT Nanny).
See the personnel checks InfoGraph below – If the criteria applies to you and your current DBS is not ‘home based’ you will need to contact Disclosure Barring Service as you will likely be asked to complete a new application form. https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview